Monday, February 14, 2011

Racism

It's astounding that there is still such levels of racism. We went to check a flat on saturday. The lady who showed it to us was about fifty. She asked if it was for just me and i said no my husband too. Her face changed upon looking at my black boo. I asked for an application and she said she didnt have any. I asked how we could apply. She then said she is still running the ad and could email or fax us one. I said ok, here is my email. She said she didnt want it and will call me monday for it! Freddy was not suprised as he has experienced it before in this country. I dont understand racism at all. Not one tiny bit. Even in our primary one seven year old boy was sitting beside a sun beam and moved his chair over and said 'i dont like black people.' I was livid! I made it very clear that that kind of behaviour is disgusting and I will not tolerate and never again do I want to hear garbage like that. Imagine a child making such hideous remarks, in church no less! What are his parents teaching him? Sadly that boy comes from a not so nice background. My goal is to shower him with love and good example and sound teachings on Sunday. Growl to racism. WE ARE ALL PEOPLE FROM GOD!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, Racism is one of the ugliest human emotions and unfortunately South Africa has it in spades...must be awful to experience it first hand like that. Good luck with your apartment hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a scary thing, rascism. The history of it in South Africa is long and unfortunate. I believe there's some heavy rascism against even the AFrikaans who are descendants of white Dutch men. Just being a good example and have faith. The world will bless you and your boy

    ReplyDelete