Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I'm not fat. I'm pregnant.

words i have to keep telling myself.

2012, the year of the dragon, is a nice year so far. i'm 15 weeks pregnant, hubby and i have our own business and it's going pretty good. i had dedicated 2012 the year of blessings. it's amazing how positive thought can have such an influence on how your life goes.

i'm super excited for my mom. she is finally going to get to retire back in budapest. she's going in may, yay! she also plans to come here once little peanut is born.

i'm looking forward to the baby coming. the first few months will be a sleepy blur, so i've been told, but i'm still excited. i was in clicks yesterday and wandered into the baby section (this is my new thing, suddenly i've wandered into the baby section of any store i'm in) and got really excited about a small pack of newborn diapers. one wouldn't think that diapers would get you excited but they did. had our second ultrasound done 2 weeks ago. the little guy's back was turned to us but everytime the gynae pressed the scan handheld device into my belly, the baby turned it's head and opened it's mouth as if to say "oy, stop that! it's uncomfy."

i read story books to little peanut. hubby read a book to little peanut the other day too. i have such a wonderful husband. he's even reading the hypnobirthing book. afterall, he will be my birth companion. the only tricky thing about pregnancy here is co-ordinating what you want with the right care provider that medical aid is willing to pay for a portion of. o my word. my admin skills can't keep up with the mind spinning and varying answers and political roundabout repsonses i get. my goal is to get all this jazz sorted before my third trimester so i can just focus on baby and baby stuff. it'd be much easier if we were rich but then again everything in life is easier if you're rich. sometimes, i feel a bit restricted as a pregnant lady. there are many things you can't have and can't do. but i'm trying to focus on the magic that is pregnancy and birth. last night, i started to feel the little peanut in my womb. it feels like a water balloon. but i can only feel it when i lay on my back. otherwise, i don't feel pregnant. the first trimester you feel pregnant only cuz you are nauseos all the live long day. i'm proud to say that i never threw up once tho. my fav things these days are purple grapes, papaya, orange juice, avo, egg and peanut butter. o and italian food.

for valentines day, hubby took me out for italian food. it was fabulous. the place was close by, cheap and nice. i'd like to go again today but we must restrain ourselves cuz baby is coming and man, baby is expensive! my dreams of having 4 kids is dwindling. bottom line, it's all in God's hands.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you and Freddy . . . hope you will be able to keep those of us who read the blog posted from time to time! :)
    And, I'm happy for your mum too . . . I hope she'll enjoy her retirement in Hungary! :)

    ReplyDelete