Friday, October 15, 2010

Driving

So i went for my official first drive in traffic last evening. The old car is a very easy standard which is nice. Keeping left was fine as i was usually in the left lane back home due to my natural need to speed. Now, sitting on the right hand side of the car was a bit unusual at first but i'm over it now. Here's the embarassing part-i can no longer differentiate between a left turn and a right turn! Everytime my husband said turn left, i was all o my gosh, which way is left?! I'm not stupid and i obviously know my right hand from my left but when i get behind the wheel here in the southern hemisphere i draw a total blank! The only thing i can chalk it up to is when i hear turn left, i think cross lanes of traffic like back home. Its hard to describe this accurately. Its like trying to do something you have done amazingly for YEARS but do it while looking in a mirror. I feel backwards. Its a small mental block that is getting better slowly as my drive this morning went better and started to feel more natural. All things new or different take some getting used to ;)

2 comments:

  1. Man, that would totally mess with my mind! I was too freaked out to try driving in England :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm driving on my own quite nicely now:)

    ReplyDelete