Monday, February 25, 2013

Notes for my memory, not yer entertainment

The day after I wrote the last blog, she stopped being constipated. Prunes are fantastic and she loves them. She's been regular and great since. So far she's tried butternut (2 stars in her book), cauliflower (1 star), carrots (1 star), prunes (3 stars), greek yogurt (3 stars), sweet potato (3 stars), avo (no star), plums (3 stars, my book too). I make all her food with a variety of styles and textures (spices will be next month). She chews so nicely with her mouth closed. So polite.

She discovered her feet a week or so ago. When she is sitting, she holds her feet. When she is laying on the changing mat, she's got her feet in her hand. She almost put them in her mouth today so that stage isn't too far off. And when she is sitting in her high chair eating a non 3 star food, she watches her feet moving back and forth. Soooo cute.

She has also discovered her tongue. She sticks it out and sometimes chews it a little bit.

We took her to the beach for her second time on Saturday. She really does love the beach. Mommy and daddy aren't interesting when she's on the beach. I walked over to the line where the waves wash ashore and she freaking loved it. She was screaming with joy at each wave that came in.

She's been laughing for a few weeks now, but it is big work to get her to laugh. She'll give her smiles away all day but a laugh costs big money. Daddy has only heard her laugh once this past weekend. The almost guarantee to get her to laugh is me doing sit ups. Yup, sit ups crack her up. Not sure why. So I did a lot more sit ups the other day than I cared to do. That's when daddy heard her laugh. She'll squeal with joy but to get her to laugh is work. I love her laugh. Kinda reminds me of Beavis and Butthead...well, Butthead really.


Today, when I was putting her down for her second nap of the day, I walked out of the room to get something. Then I heard this woman going lalalala in a real sing song style (made up of course). I couldn't believe it. Singing already! So cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment